Yes. Online Banking uses industry-standard protocols that leverage encryption for transferring data. Encryption creates a secure environment for the information being transferred between your browser and Bank of America.
These security protocols protect data in 3 key ways:
Authentication ensures that you are communicating with the correct server. This prevents another computer from impersonating Bank of America.
Encryption scrambles transferred data to prevent eavesdropping of sensitive information and to ensure that only the server you're sending the information to can read it.
Data integrity verifies that the information sent by you to Bank of America wasn't altered during the transfer. The system detects if data was added or deleted after you sent the message. If any tampering has occurred, the connection is dropped.
- A Bank of America checking account or personal credit card
- Internet access and a supported web browser (learn more about supported browsers)
- An email address
- ATM or debit card number and PIN
For Bill Pay you will also need:
- A Bank of America checking account
- Copies of your paper bills to begin adding merchants/Pay To accounts
- Statements of accounts at other banks you wish to add as Pay From accounts
You can view the following personal accounts with Online Banking:
- Money market
- Credit card (with some exceptions)
- Line of credit (LOC)
- Retail loans (indirect and direct)
- Certificate of deposit (CD)
- Non-brokerage individual retirement account (IRA)
Copies of canceled checks are available for up to 7 years from the date they’re posted to your account.
To order check copies, sign in to Online Banking and select the link to your account, then select the Information & Services tab and select the Order check copies link and follow the instructions provided.
For copies of checks more than 18 months old, you’ll need the check number, date and amount for each check ordered. (A fee may apply for ordering check copies; refer to the schedule of fees associated with your account to learn which fees may apply.)
If you’re not an Online Banking customer, please contact us for assistance with your check copy request.
For check copies from your line of credit account, please call us at 800.934.5626.