Zelle: The secure and easy way to send money fast
Whether you’re paying the sitter, settling up on a group gift or paying for your part of the pizza, all you need is the recipient’s mobile number or email to send money directly to their bank account.
- It’s fast: Your money is sent and received in minutes
- It’s simple: Pay back friends, request money and split expenses in just a few taps
- It’s secure: As always, you are not responsible for transactions you didn’t authorize
Get set up now so you’re ready to send and receive money:
- Sign in to the app and tap Transfer | Send in the menu bar.
- If you haven’t already, select Begin Setup and follow the prompts to get started.
- Check your email or text messages for confirmation and you’re ready to go.
How to send
- Tap Transfer | Send and then Send.
- Select your recipient and enter the amount.
- Include an optional note and tap Send Money.
How to request
- In the app, select Request, then select the contact you’re requesting money from. Remember, you can only request money from contacts using their email address unless they have registered their mobile number with Zelle.
- Enter the amount you’re requesting and the account the funds should be sent to.
- Include an optional note, confirm and send the request. The recipient will receive an email request to send you money.
How to split payments
- In the app, tap Split, then select each contact in the group who owes you money.
- Enter the total amount you’re requesting.
- Choose the account for it to be deposited to and the app will calculate each person’s share. You can change each amount if the total shouldn’t be split evenly.
- Include an optional note, confirm and send the request. The recipient will receive an email request to pay you back.
Please note, Zelle is intended for sending money to family, friends and people you are familiar with. We recommend that you not use Zelle to send money to anyone you don’t know.