What is SafePass?
SafePass is an extra layer of security that is required in Online and Mobile Banking to authorize higher-value transfers.
SafePass uses a 6-digit one-time code sent in a text message to your mobile phoneFootnote1 to help verify your identity before authorizing the transfer of funds from your account.
How does SafePass work?
To set up SafePass, you’ll need to go to Online Banking and:
- Choose Manage SafePass from Profile & Settings.
- Select one or more mobile phone numbers to receive your SafePass code.footnote1
- Enter your debit card or credit card details accurately to verify your identity.
Each time you request a higher-value transfer, you’ll need to:
- Select the Send code button on the screen when prompted.
- Receive the SafePass code in a text message to your mobile phone.
- Enter the SafePass code accurately on the screen and select Submit.
After you set up SafePass, it’s also used as an extra layer of security for adding bill payees and transfer recipients to your account.