What is SafePass?
The SafePass feature is Bank of America’s extra layer of protection against fraud and identity theft as you use Online Banking. The SafePass feature lets you authorize transactions with single-use, 6-digit Passcodes.
SafePass verifies your identity without challenge questions, and allows you to make larger daily or weekly money transfers. It works with both Online and Mobile Banking.
Enhanced security and service
- Increase your daily person-to-person transfer limit from $1,000 to $10,000, and your weekly limit from $2,500 to $25,000
- Add extra security when authorizing new Bill Pay accounts and transfer recipients
- Verify your identity on unrecognized computers without challenge questions
How does it work?
Once you've registered your mobile phone and you’re signed in to Online Banking:
- Select the Send SafePass Code button
- Receive a 6-digit code, sent as a text message to your mobile phonefootnote1
- Enter the code in Online Banking
- Complete your transaction
The code expires as soon as you use it—or within 10 minutes if you don't use it. You can always request another code by pushing the button again.
Ready to get more security? Sign up for SafePass