What is SafePass?
The SafePass feature is Bank of America’s extra layer of protection against fraud and identity theft as you use Online Banking. The SafePass feature lets you authorize transactions using one-time, 6-digit Passcodes.
Enhanced security and service
- Transfer higher amounts of money—daily or weekly
- Add Bill Pay and make transfers between accounts more securely
- Bypass challenge questions to verify your identity
- Combine with your SiteKey® image for another layer of security
How does it work?
Once you've registered your mobile phone and you’re signed in to Online Banking:
- Select the Send SafePass Code button
- Receive a 6-digit code, sent as a text message to your mobile phoneFootnote 1
- Enter the code in Online Banking
- Complete your transaction
The code expires as soon as you use it—and within 10 minutes if you don't use it. You can always request another code by pushing the button again.
Ready to get more security? Sign up for SafePass