Skip to main content

Mortgage Accounts & Customer Service

Get prequalified

Call now 1.866.467.6490

Manage your account

Sign in to Online Banking to view your mortgage statements, make a mortgage payment, set up account alerts and more.

Help for homeowners facing financial hardship

Learn about home loan hardship assistance options

Frequently asked questions

  • Can I pay my mortgage online?

    There are several ways to pay your mortgage online. If you have an eligible Bank of America account, you can make your mortgage payment using the Bill Pay tab or Transfers tab at no charge. You can use each of these tools to schedule automatic recurring payments or make a one-time payment.

    PayPlan is a service that allows you to make automatic payments from your checking or savings account. There are 4 potential services available based on how often you would like your payment drafted from your account. To find out how to enroll in one of our PayPlan services or to see which service is available for your account, please call our customer service at 1.800.669.6607, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm local time. PayPlan is not available for FHA and VA loans.

    MortgagePay on the Web is another online option for one-time mortgage payments. It can be used with eligible Bank of America accounts at no charge, as well as with checking or savings accounts from other financial institutions at no charge or with a fee, depending on when the payment is made relative to your grace period. To pay your mortgage account online using MortgagePay on the Web, follow these easy steps:

    For further assistance with online payments, please call Online Banking customer service at 1.800.933.6262.

    In addition to the electronic payment options listed above, we offer additional no-cost and low-cost options for making your mortgage payment. To learn more please call 1.800.669.6607.

  • Year-end interest-paid statements (IRS Form 1098) are mailed out by the end of January. Contact us at 1.800.669.6607 if you do not receive it by February 15. You may also be able to access a copy of your IRS Form 1098 by going to the Account Details tab for your mortgage account in Online Banking.

  • Can I pay off my mortgage early?

    After your loan is closed, if you'd like to pay it off early, please contact our Loan Servicing Department at 1.800.669.6607. Remember to have your loan number handy.

  • Can I make additional payments to the principal balance of my loan?

    When you make your regular monthly mortgage payment, you may include an additional amount to be applied directly to principal. If paying by check, to ensure the money is credited correctly, write the amount of the extra principal payment where designated on your Mortgage Account Statement.

    If you're an Online Banking customer using Bill Pay, use the Memo line to indicate you are including an additional payment toward the principal. Enter the amount of the extra principal payment and click Send Memo with Payment.

    Additional principal payments will only be applied after the current month's full payment has posted to your account. Please note: if there is a prepayment penalty associated with your loan, you may be penalized for paying off your loan early. Review the terms of your mortgage to determine if this provision applies to you.

  • My request for home loan assistance was denied. Can I dispute that decision?

    If you were denied home loan assistance, such as a request for a loan modification, short sale or deed in lieu you may be able to dispute the decision. You can file an escalated case with us if you have reason to believe any of the following are true:

    • you met all the criteria for home loan assistance but were not properly evaluated for assistance or were improperly denied assistance. This may include:
      • you did not receive adequate notice from us about your foreclosure alternatives
      • you were not given appropriate time to respond to communications from us during your loan review process
    • your loan was referred to foreclosure prematurely, or we did not suspend foreclosure activities when we were required to do so

    You can also file an escalated case if either of these two specific concerns apply to your loan:

    • you have a reasonable belief that your mortgage loan is being serviced in a fraudulent manner
    • you have retained a lawyer to help you resolve a mortgage dispute with Bank of America

    If you have reason to believe that any of the above apply in connection with your loan review and affected your eligibility for home loan assistance, you may file an escalated case with us to review your concerns.

    Please note that inquiries about a pending request for home loan assistance or general questions about the servicing of your mortgage do not meet the requirements for an escalated case. For general servicing questions, please call 1.800.669.6607, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time.

    To file an escalated case, you or any third party representing you, such as a housing counselor or attorney, should send us a brief letter describing the specific reasons you believe one of the above scenarios applies to your loan or to your application for home loan assistance.

    If you are represented by an attorney, please have your lawyer submit this request on your behalf.

    Escalated case requests must be sent by mail to the following address:

    Bank of America Corporate Center
    Attn: BAC Escalated Case Unit
    P.O. Box 940508
    Simi Valley, CA 93094-0508

    Please note that if a third party, such as an advisor or a nonprofit advocate, contacts us to submit an escalated case on your behalf, we must have your written authorization before we can communicate with them about you or your loan. Without your written authorization, we will not be able to discuss your home loan with them. We can provide you with an authorization form upon request.

    What to expect after submitting your request

    Within three business days after receipt:

    If your submission meets the requirements for an escalated case, within three business days of the receipt of your request, we will send you a written acknowledgement that we have received your request. This acknowledgement will also include the estimated date by which your escalated case should be resolved, along with a toll-free number for the Escalated Case Unit.

    Within 15 calendar days after receipt:

    In most cases, within 15 calendar days of the receiving your request, we will mail you a written response describing the proposed resolution of your request and any next steps to be followed by you or by us. If your matter cannot be resolved within 15 calendar days, we will notify you of the delay and give you a new estimated resolution date. This new estimated resolution date, in most cases, will be no longer than 30 calendar days from the date we received your original escalated case.

    Checking the status of your escalated case

    Your written confirmation will include a toll-free number you can call for information about your escalated case.

  • What happens if I am unable to make my payment?

    If you are unable to make your payment for any reason, please contact us at 1.800.451.6362, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET.

    Visit Online Banking for more service information.

Call customer service

  • Mortgage accounts


    Mon.–Fri. 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
    local time