Online Banking is an Internet-based service that provides you a safe and convenient way to do your banking. With Online Banking, you can view your account balances, transfer funds, send service requests to the bank and more. Plus use Bill Pay to pay all your bills in minutes from one simple site.
To access your accounts online,
- Enter your Online ID in the sign in box on the Bank of America homepage
- Confirm that your SiteKey is correct
- Enter your Passcode and click “Sign In”
Find out what you need and how to get started with Mobile Banking.
With Online Banking you can:
- Check current balances on personal checking, savings, personal loan, line of credit, Certificates of Deposit (CD), Individual Retirement Account (IRA), brokerage accounts, mortgage and most business checking accounts
- Transfer funds between many of your accounts with us.
- View transactions that have posted to your Bank of America checking and savings accounts for up to the past twelve statement cycles.
- Reconcile checking and savings account transactions with your online or paper statement.
- View the outstanding balance due and transaction activity from the last statement cycle on your credit card.Footnote 1
- View life of the investment history for certificate of deposits.
- View life of the loan history for your loans and lines of credit.
- View up to 24 months of history for your mortgage.
- Nickname your accounts for personalized, quick and easy reference.
- Use My Portfolio® to see your expenses automatically categorized for you and to track your net worth - including 401(K), frequent flyer miles and more from other institutions - all in one place.Footnote 2
- Download your posted transaction information for your financial management software such as Quicken®.
- Send online customer service requests to:
- Inquire about a specific transaction.
- Ask a technical question about Online Banking.
- Send feedback and comments using online mail.
- Pay most of your bills online with our online Bill Pay service.