Details you'll need to apply online:
- Name and address of business
- Business tax ID number: Business Employer Identification Number (EIN) provided by the IRS in the following 9-digit format XX-XXXXXXX, or, if the LLC is a single member LLC, the EIN of the company or the Social Security Number (SSN) of the single member
- Date business was established (month/year)
- Country and state of legal formation (must be formed in the US)
- Country and state of primary business operation (must be a business operating in the US)
- Personal information (i.e., SSN and DOB) for everyone on the application, including those with at least 25% or more ownership and the controlling manager of the business. Learn more about the additional details we will need for any Beneficial Owners by clicking here.
Additional documents we may request if we're unable to verify on your behalf:
- An organizing document prepared by the Limited Liability Company (LLC) and filed with the State providing evidence of legal status. The title of the organizing document will vary by state and may be referred to as:
- Articles of Organization
- Certificate of Organization
- Certificate of Formation
- Any one of the following documents if the LLC is doing business under a different name:
- Business License (sometimes called an Occasional Tax License and must include first and last name of owner)
- Trade Name Certificate
- Fictitious Name Certificate
- Certificate of Trade Name
- Certificate of Assumed Business Name
- Registration and License with Trade Name (sometimes called an Occupational License)
- Note: Doing Business As (DBA)/Name Filing Documents are not required in Kansas (KS), New Mexico (NM), and South Carolina (SC)
- If an account is opened and additional documents require a signature, they will be sent to you.
Need help setting up your business? Learn more about business formation here.
Sending your documents
We need both your application and your required supplemental documents within 11 days to process your application. If we don't receive your documents, your application will be declined and you'll have to apply again.
You'll receive your application ID after you submit your online application. Please include your application ID on the fax cover sheet or in the email subject line.
Fax to 800.435.0051
Or scan and email to SmallBus.Documents@bankofamerica.com
What business owners should know:
- The primary applicant must be an owner (minimum of 25% ownership in the business) or an authorized officer; additional owners listed on the application will need to have a minimum of 25% ownership
- Applicants should be U.S. residents (foreign business customers aren't eligible to apply online at this time)
- Applicants authorize Bank of America to obtain a credit report or other report or account information to help verify application information
- Online applicants agree to account servicing via electronic communication