Details you’ll need to apply online:
- Business tax ID
- Date business was formed
- Country and state of legal formation (formed in U.S. to apply online)
- Country and state of primary business operation (must be a U.S.-operating business)
- Legal business name and DBA (“doing business as”) name, if applicable
- Personal information about the business owner and controlling manager. Visit our "What does a Beneficial Owner need to apply online" FAQ for more information.
Additional documents to send us:
- Current business name filing document such as fictitious name, certificate of trade or assumed name certificate
- Partnership agreement showing business name and name(s) of partner(s)
Documents must have proof of filing from the state or county.
Sending your documents
We need both your application and your required supplemental documents within 11 days to process your application. If we don’t receive your documents, your application will be declined and you’ll have to apply again.
You’ll receive your application ID after you submit your online application. Please include your application ID on the fax cover sheet or in the email subject line.
Fax to 800.435.0051
Or scan and email to SmallBus.Documents@bankofamerica.com
What business owners should know:
- The primary applicant must be an owner (minimum of 25% ownership in the business) or an authorized officer; additional owners listed on the application will need to have a minimum of 25% ownership
- Applicants should be U.S. residents (foreign business customers aren’t eligible to apply online at this time)
- Applicants authorize Bank of America to obtain a credit report or other report or account information to help verify application information
- Online applicants agree to account servicing via electronic communication