Details you’ll need to apply online:
- Business tax ID
- Date business was formed
- Country and state of legal formation (formed in U.S. to apply online)
- Country and state of primary business operation (must be a U.S.-operating business)
- Legal business name and DBA (“doing business as”) name, if applicable
- Personal information about the business owner and controlling manager. Visit our "What does a Beneficial Owner need to apply online" FAQ for more information.
Additional documents to send us:
- Current articles (or certificates) of incorporation (must have proof of filing with state or county)
If you need a Corporation Resolution to complete this application, we’ll email you the necessary documents after you complete and submit the application.
If you are conducting business using a DBA (doing business as), fictitious name, trade name or assumed name, please include one of the following additional documents (document must bear the business name you’ve adopted and be in good standing and current):
- Fictitious name certificate
- Certificate of trade name
- Assumed name certificate
- DBA certificate
Nonprofit Organizations: Please include an IRS ruling letter of tax exemption under IRS 501(c). If you’re unable to provide the IRS ruling letter, you must obtain a notarized statement from the officers or directors on organization letterhead stating that the organization is exempt from tax reporting under IRS 501(c).
Sending your documents
We need both your application and your required supplemental documents within 11 days to process your application. If we don’t receive your documents, your application will be declined and you’ll have to apply again.
You’ll receive your application ID after you submit your online application. Please include your application ID on the fax cover sheet or in the email subject line.
Fax to 800.435.0051
Or scan and email to SmallBus.Documents@bankofamerica.com
What business owners should know:
- The primary applicant must be an owner (minimum of 25% ownership in the business) or an authorized officer; additional owners listed on the application will need to have a minimum of 25% ownership
- Applicants should be U.S. residents (foreign business customers aren’t eligible to apply online at this time)
- Applicants authorize Bank of America to obtain a credit report or other report or account information to help verify application information
- Online applicants agree to account servicing via electronic communication