Enjoy giving with Bank of America’s donor-advised fund
The Bank of America Charitable Gift FundFootnote:1 is a donor-advised fund that offers a flexible and convenient way to help advance the causes you support.
What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund is a charitable account that helps you organize your giving. It’s easy to open and is a cost-effective alternative to a private foundation. You can recommend grants to charities and your fund will be invested with the potential to grow over time.
Donor-advised fund benefits:
- Receive a current-year income tax deduction
- Make grant recommendations now or in the future
- Donate appreciated assets without incurring capital gains taxes
- Involve your family in charitable giving
Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund benefits:
- Open an account with an initial contribution of $5,000
- Choose from multiple investment objectives
- Pick your own fund name—just like a private foundation
- Enhance your impact through professional investment management and tax-free compounding of investment returnsFootnote:2
- Manage your charitable giving online or with your financial advisor