You can use our secure online application to open an account. For a faster application process, we recommend having the following information on hand:
- Information about yourself, co-donors and advisors (if applicable): Social Security number, date of birth, address, phone number and email address
- Information about the assets you wish to contribute, such as stock ticker symbol and estimated value. The minimum initial contribution is $5,000.
The Charitable Gift Fund can accept a broad range of assets to help you maximize the value of your contribution. Examples include:
- Cash, securities and mutual funds
- Restricted stock and closely held business interests
- Real estate, timberland, farms and ranches
- Gas, oil and mineral rights
- Non-financial tangible assets are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For questions, contact your Bank of America Merrill Lynch Advisor, your U.S. Trust advisor or the Charitable Gift Fund at 1.888.703.2345, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
There is $5,000 minimum to open an account, and additional contributions must be at least $1,000 each. There is no minimum account balance.