The Bank of America Charitable Foundation Matching Gifts program encourages employees to contribute to qualifying charitable organizations. The program offers a way to double — up to $5,000 (US) per person each calendar year — employees’ cash or securities contributions to their favorite charitable organizations and thus improve their communities.
Please review all program rules and restrictions prior to submission of any application.
How does it work?
Dollar-for-dollar, the Bank of America Charitable Foundation matches up to $5,000 USD per person each calendar year. There are certain guidelines:
- Eligible US Charitable Organizations: Charitable organizations in the United States must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not be classified as a private foundation. No other qualification process is required.
- Eligible Non-US based Charitable Organizations:
- Charitable Organizations located in England or Wales must be registered with the Charity Commission
- Charitable organizations outside of the United States, England or Wales must be qualified as eligible for donations from CAFAmerica. Employees should search on the employee programs site to determine if the organization is included in that listing. The site also provides instructions for nominating organizations that are not currently on the eligible listing. (Further information regarding CAFAmerica can be found at the CAFAmerica website. Employees should not contact CAFAmerica regarding the qualification of organizations.)
- Please review the eligibility tab to understand further restrictions on certain types of organizations and programs as not all charitable organizations can be funded.
- Gifts must be personal contributions paid either in cash or securities.
- The amount of each gift must equal at least $25 USD to be eligible.
- The contribution must be actually paid, not simply pledged.
- Employee Deadline - Employees must complete an application and have the recipient organization verify the gift. This information must be received by March 31 after the year in which the gift was given.
- Organization Deadline - Organizations must verify donations by May 15 after the year in which the gift was given.
- Organizations and/or categories of service must adhere to the guidelines regardless of an employee registering a donation for a match.
EMPLOYEE GIVING PROGRAM REVIEW POLICY
Bank of America regularly evaluates our programs to ensure the process adheres to stated guidelines and our commitment to corporate social responsibility, including random reviews of organizations receiving matching funds from our programs. Organizations selected for review will be required to provide documentation verifying receipt of individual donations for each participant.
Bank of America may suspend, change or terminate this program at any time. The interpretation, application and administration of the program shall be determined by the Board of Directors of the Bank of America Charitable Foundation Board, whose decision is final.
Make sure that you are familiar with these matching gift program rules. Failure to abide by these rules or providing any false or misleading information in connection with a matching gift request could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination, as well as possible civil or criminal liability. Bank of America reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue funding and to demand the return of the matching gift grant amount, or any portion thereof, and any income earned thereon, if you provide Bank of America with any false or misleading information or make any misrepresentations in connection with this request for a matching gift.
Employees: Apply for a Matching Gift
Charitable Organization: Verify employee gift