Send international wires from anywhere you can sign in to Online Banking
- International wires generally arrive at the recipient bank in 2 business days if sent by 5 p.m. ET
- International wires are available to more than 200 countries
- Sending a wire is secure and convenient
To send an international wire, sign in to Online Banking. Opens a modal window and select the Using their account number at another bank link from the Send Money To Someone section of the Transfers navigation menu and follow the instructions. Before starting, make sure you have all the correct recipient bank details.
Should I send my wire in U.S. dollars or foreign currency?
- If you do not know the currency of the receiving account, you should send in U.S. dollars.
- If you send your wire in foreign currency, your recipient (in most instances) will receive the funds sooner than if you sent the funds in U.S. dollars. In addition, initiating your transfer in local currency will allow you to lock in the exchange rate up front; you’ll see the exact exchange rate when you initiate a transfer.